April 20, 2015

Happy Valentines Day to me. . .

 
I cant believe it’s been so long since I shared anything new. Spring came early this year. While I’m not complaining, I have a hard time staying inside. I take my coffee outside first thing in the morning and before I know it I’ve spent the better part of the day out in the flower beds.
I was rackin my brain tryin to decide what to do and then I realized I hadn’t shared this beauty. 
 
IMG_5320
 
We’re getting ready to add a bathroom in the basement and I’ve been on the hunt for a piece like this that I can use for a vanity. I spotted it at one of my favorite antique malls, Marketplace 3301. There was no price tag on it and I later found out someone had it on hold so the tag was removed. That didn’t stop me ! . . . the gal that worked there said if it was still there Monday I could buy it. It WAS there Monday ! So I put it on lay-away. When my hubby came home for Valentines Day he asked me what he could get me for a gift.  I told him I already got it. When he found out it was on lay-away he went and picked it up !  I know, I’m so spoiled lucky!
 
IMG_5323
 
It’s the perfect size for the space. I staged it with an antique ironstone basin just to give *the look* of a sink. The doors and drawers are going to give some much needed storage for linens, soaps and other bathroom thingy’s. I love that I didn’t have to do a thing to it, this is just how I found it.
 
IMG_5321
 
We have some major remodeling plans in the works. . . kitchen update, removing a wall to open the dining room and living room, a new master bed/bath and a covered front porch. As well as some outdoor projects like painting the exterior, a new picket fence and potting shed.  I think I’m about to get really busy.
 
Thanks for taggin along even in my absence. I don’t have a lot of followers and I do appreciate each and every one of you. . . I need to figure out how to make it possible to pin from here, I’m working on it. . . but for now just spread the word. . .
 
Happy Spring All. . .
~d
 
IMG_5327

11 comments:

  1. I love this post. You have helped me decide that when I paint my bedroom furniture, I am going with distressed white. Great find with the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki Jo, I', glad you liked it. . . one can never go wrong with distressed white furniture. Thanks for stopping by. . . ! d

      Delete
  2. Love it! You are lucky! Perfect piece and perfectly decorated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Can't wait to see the bathroom reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cindy. . . I have a vision now I just need to get it done. . . I do it all myself, hubby works out of town so it's these projects that help keep me sane. have a good week. . . ~d

      Delete
  4. so nice to see you back; i was beginning to get worried! love your posts and the vanity is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwwww. . . thanks Gretchen. . . life just got I the way. . . thanks for the nod. . . ~d

      Delete
  5. Great to see you girlie....
    I love your new cabinet and will be waiting to see the new bathroom!! I KNOW that it will be beautiful!
    Be blessed,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You are lucky! Perfect piece and perfectly decorated! Great job!.best of luck
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. how to business in valentine day

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Feel free to let me know you were here.