November 14, 2014

Decorating for Winter

Boy, 68 degrees on Saturday and 12 degrees on Sunday and it only got worse as the week went by. I spent all day Sunday cooking, baking, grocery shopping and acting like a pioneer hunkerin down for the storm.  My day came to a halt when my stove caught on fire. Yip, probably the scariest thing that’s happened to me. So just when I thought I could stay in out of the cold, I spent Monday shopping for a new stove. I cant say I’m sad, I hated the old thing anyway. I just wish it would have happened at  a better time.  I had cinnamon rolls that needed to be baked, a chicken roasting in the oven, and the worse part is I had just spent hours cleaning it.
I got a bad case of cabin fever being stuck inside all week.  I refuse to drag out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean I can’t throw out the fading mini boos and bring in some fresh greenery to liven the place up. I did some winter decorating.

IMG_4964

I have come to realize my choice for decorating this time of year is more for winter than Christmas. I usually get a small tree to pot up in a pail or bucket and hang the stockings. But that’s about it. It makes it easy when Christmas is over, I can enjoy it until its time to stock up on tulips. . .

IMG_4986

I just love this homely little wreath. I got it from a local vendor at the farmers market this past summer. It kinda grows on me.
 
IMG_4994


IMG_5031

 
IMG_5030

 
IMG_5019

 
IMG_5026
 
 
IMG_5025
 
 
IMG_5009
 
And once again, the mantel. I have said it before and I’ll say it again. . . it’s hard to photograph due to the angle. I have had these turned architecture pieces for several years. I just never thought to add them to the mantel. I like the height and their chippy crusty texture.
 
 
Until its time to hang the stockings, I decided to hang some vintage mittens. I love mittens, especially homemade knitted ones.
 
IMG_5016

 
IMG_5037

 
IMG_5033

 
IMG_5038

 
IMG_5043

 
IMG_5044
 
And last. . . my new stove. . .
 
IMG_5045

 
Sending {{{warm and fuzzy’s}}} stay warm my friends. . . ~d

 
IMG_5029




4 comments:

  1. Hmm, hope this doesn't post twice. Anyway, I love your burner covers. Can't believe I never thought of that, I use granite lids for everything else! I believe we are long lost decorating sisters, already looked through all the archives and I just found your blog maybe 2 weeks ago max. I live in a 100 year old farmhouse on our century farm, so what else but farmhouse style is appropriate? I hate to admit how many styles I've tried, usually at the same time in different rooms, before I gave in to what this old house is comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaayyyyyy you are back!!!! I am so glad!
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    I'm loving your greenery....that is my favorite part of the holidays. I hauled in some cedar the other day, and I have my eye on a pine tree that needs a trimming.......doesn't it???????
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the little topiary tree in the picture with the small porch posts, can you recommend where I could get one or if you made it how. Thank you, your decorating style is absolutely stunning and so cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Feel free to let me know you were here.